Monday 22 October 2012

FRENCH GIRL

CHAROLLAIS COW IN OILS

I found a photo I took of a Charollais last time I was in France and as I wanted to try out some new techniques, she seemed as good an option as any.

1st sitting:  Laid the background in acrylics and blocked in the first stage of the cow.

2nd sitting:  Added another layer of colours to tone down the harsh tonal differences on the first stage.

3rd sitting:  I decided to have a go at laying on paint impasto style with a colour-shaper tool, thingy. It was great fun and I really like the effect. See close-up below..............

Still lots to do but I am quite pleased with the way this one is progressing.

I have tweaked the cow some more and added in the foreground.  Now I've done that, I think the background is a bit flat and too abstract for the piece so I need to do some work on that next.

I AM SORRY TO SAY THAT THIS PAINTING WENT MISSING DURING MY HOUSE MOVE SO IT WILL NEVER BE FINISHED UNLESS IT TURNS UP AMONGST THE BOXES IN THE GARAGE OR SOMETHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment